Om Mani Padme Hum Mantra "Sacred Shank" Shell Mala 8mm
This product is sold out
- Om Mani Padme Hum Mantra "Sacred Shank" Shell 108 Bead Mala 8mm
- Approx. 34" long
- Strung on Nylon Cord
- Handcrafted in Nepal
- The first word Om is a sacred syllable found in Indian religions. The word Mani means "jewel" or "bead", Padme is the "lotus flower" (the Buddhist sacred flower), and Hum represents the spirit of enlightenment.
- Turbinella pyrum, common names the chank shell, Sacred Shank or chank, also known as the Divine Conch, sometimes referred to simply as a conch, is a species of very large sea snail with a gill and an operculum, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Turbinellidae. This species occurs in the Indian Ocean.
- The name "chank" for the shell of this species is derived from the Indian word Shankha, the Divine Conch.
- The shell has considerable significance in Hinduism and Buddhism. It is considered to be sacred and is one of the Eight Auspicious Symbols.