Skip to content
Pla Thapian The Wealth Fish Thai Amulet -20
- Pla Thapian "The Wealth Fish" Thai Amulet -20
- Measure Approx. 2 1/2" tall x 3 1/4" wide x 7/8" thick
- Materials: hand cast clay painted by a Master Amulet Maker, painted and adorned with Sacred Yants and Buddhist symbols, suspended inside a custom plastic case.
- Handcrafted in Thailand
- "Wealth Fish" is a charm commonly seen in Thailand, and is made in the form of the fish "Pla Taphian" (Thai: ปลาตะเพียน), a species of ray-finned fish in the genus Barbonymus. Wealth fish might be made of cloth, plants, wooden sheets, metal, currency notes, etc.
- Legend has it that The Wealth Fish, Pla Taphian, among the Aquatic Animals, is fairly vibrant and community/ group oriented, has strong foraging abilities, and is a non picky eater. Therefore, in decades and centuries past, sometimes Monks made Pla Taphian-shaped sacred items for the Temples and for Local Petitioners needing a change of luck and fortune.
- The Wealth Fish, as seen in Contemporary Thai Culture today, has an attractive, eye-catching appearance, and can be seen hanging in home doorways, shop entrances or even dangling on cars mirrors.
- The Wealth Fish are often made in pairs, sometimes colored gold and silver, conveying the idea of male and female, which also signifies the status of being married or with spouse, thereby extending the meaning of a blissful and happy family life.
- Wealth Fish also symbolizes the Auspicious Fish that could bring you gold and silver, call prosperity to your business, attract great wealth by surprising means, good health and good fortune.