Skip to content
Glass 19th Century Indian Hand Wound "Dzi" Beads
- 19th Century Bohemian Rare Hand Wound and Inlaid Lampwork "Dzi" Beads.
- Hand Wound Glass Trade Beads Resembling Banded Agates created in India in the early 1900's specifically for trade with Naga Tribal Groups in Northern India, and Burma. They also traveled through the Cultural Trade Routes to Nepal and Tibet, even as far as Nigeria, West Africa, where they were highly prized for their resemblance to precious Banded Agates and Dzi Beads. These gorgeous Trade Beads were easily adopted as a Treasured Heirloom in their own right.
- Bead size approx: 12mm x 34mm
- Strand length approx: 34"
- The necklace is on the original market stranding as it was found in Nigeria years ago.