Czech Glass "Snake Vertebrae" Bead Strand Ca. 1920's
This product is sold out
- Czech Glass "Snake Vertebrae" Beads Ca. 1920's
- These excellent innovative molded beads were developed for the African Trade Bead market in Czechoslovakia beginning in the 1920's.
- Made in a chevron shape to resemble authentic snake vertebrae bones that were worn as a talisman to protect the wearer against snakebite. These beads were traded extensively in Nigeria and Mali, much beloved for their classic warm colors.
- Bead size approx. 9mm
- Strand length approx. 26" ( beaded section 22")
- These strands are lovingly restrung by our NYC staff on a fresh cotton cord with an Indian Whiteheart button clasp.