Skip to content
Essaouira Hamsa with Lovebirds Totem
- Essaouira Hamsa with Lovebirds Totem
- This particular style of Hamsa is from the town Essaouira. The Hamsa body appears to be cast 800 Silver (80% silver content) which was then hand finished and stamped with a pattern. The stamped Hamsa then received a Lovebirds Totem, which was cast in 92.5 Sterling Silver, and soldered on to the 800 Silver base. This addition to the Hamsa base accounts for the discoloration surrounding the Totem.
- Size Approx. 2 1/8" x 1 3/8"
- Lovebirds symbolize the joining of two souls and undying love for one another. Lovebirds in nature mate for life, so they symbolize devotion, fidelity and love in and beyond a lifetime.
- Both in Mediterranean and northern European cultures, birds are the Messengers of God. Since antiquity, migrating birds have been seen as souls and World Traditions are full of legends and beliefs about birds as a metaphor of the human soul. Birds also symbolize love, commitment, abundance, and good luck.
- The dove was singled out to represent romance because Greek Mythology associated the small, white bird with Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love (known in Roman mythology as Venus). Aphrodite/Venus is often depicted with doves fluttering around her or resting on her hand
- Origin is Morocco