Skip to content
Essaouira Rare Hamsa with Salamander Protecting an Egg
- Essaouira Rare Hamsa with Salamander Protecting an Egg
- This particular style of Hamsa is from the town Essaouira. The Hamsa body appears to be cast 800 Silver (80% silver content) which was then hand finished and stamped with a pattern. The stamped Hamsa then received a Salamander Totem, which was cast in 92.5 Sterling Silver, and soldered on to the 800 Silver base. This addition to the Hamsa base accounts for the discoloration surrounding the Totem. The Hamsa also received an Egg Totem, also in 92.5 Sterling Silver. The symbolic effect becomes a Motherhood Charm. This would be a very Potent Protective Charm for a woman with children, or a woman expecting a child.
- The Salamander survives in the harsh desert climate, but is often associated with water and moisture. Literally Life and Death. The Salamander is believed reborn in it's own ashes and symbolizes birth and life and tenacity to survive and thrive even in the harshest of environments.
- Size Approx. 3" x 2 1/4"
- Materials: Cast and Pattern Stamped 800 Silver (80% silver content) Hamsa body with a 92.5 Sterling Silver Salamander Totem soldered on to the base.
- Origin is Morocco circa 1950