Mofu Hammered Cache-Sexe Pendants With Beads
This product is sold out
- Mofu Hammered Cache-Sexe Pendants With Beads
- Approx. 26" long
- Bead size approx. 8mm to 12mm x 70mm
- Materials: Lost Wax hand cast brass pendants an hand hammered brass bicone beads
- Mofu and Kirdi Tribal Peoples used "cache-sexe" brass pendants and beaded aprons were created primarily to “hide the sex,” or genitalia, of girls and women. They were traditionally presented to a family upon the birth of a daughter, and they were worn on special occasions such as weddings and the presentation of newborn children.
- Origin is Cameroon / Nigeria