Mae Kali Thai Amulet -14
This product is sold out
- Mae Kali Thai Amulet -14
- Measure Approx. 2 1/2" long x 1 3/4" wide x 1" thick
- Materials: hand cast clay painted by a Master Amulet Maker, painted and adorned with Sacred Yants and Ritualistic symbols, suspended in oil inside a custom plastic case.
- Handcrafted in Thailand
- Kali is the personification of a certain aspect of the Divine Mother, who compassionately destroys the ego. Kali is the dance of time, throughout the endless creation and dissolution of the universe
- Kali is rooted in the Sanskrit word "Kala" which means time. In an academic sense Mother Kali is the primordial energy which animates space and is perceived by us as the linear sequence of events which we call time. Her skin is blue-black, representing the womb of existence. This is the quantum world of unformed potentials and probabilities, from which all phenomena continually arise and into which they continually disappear.
- Kali Ma, called the "Dark Mother," is the goddess of creation, preservation, and destruction. She is especially known in her Destroyer aspect, squatting over her dead consort, devouring his entrails while her yoni sexually devours his lingam, penis. Kali, in this aspect is said to be "The hungry earth, which devours its own children and fattens on their corpses…" In India the experience of the Terrible Mother has been given its most grandiose form of which just is not simple imagery; it is the image of the Feminine, particularly the Maternal, for in a profound way life and birth are integrally connected to death and destruction.