Skip to content
Jade Peach of Longevity Pendant- Medium
- Jade Peach of Longevity Pendant in Dark Olive green tones.
- Fine Jade Peach of Longevity is the representation of a "Celestial Peach". This Celestial Peach is said to grow in the garden of the Queen Mother of the West (Xi Wangmu, wife to the Jade Emperor). The Celestial Peaches ripen once every few thousand years and humans who consume the Celestial Peach achieve Immortality. The ripening of the Celestial Peach is celebrated with a Celestial Peach banquet, during which all invited Immortals feast on it.
- In the Chinese legend "Journey to the West", it was recorded that during one of these Celestial Peach banquets, the Monkey God was very unhappy that he was not invited. Feeling insulted, he retaliated by crashing the Queen Mother of the West's garden, and consumed all the Celestial Peaches and uprooted her tree.
- One of the Three Stellar Gods, Shou Lao, is always shown carrying a Celestial Peach in his palm.
- Jade has always had a very special significance in Asia, comparable with that of Gold and Diamonds in the West. Today, this gemstone is regarded as a symbol of the good, the beautiful, and the precious. In folklore, Jade embodies the Confucian virtues of wisdom, justice, compassion, modesty and courage, yet it also symbolizes the female-erotic. Jade is also believed to be a lucky stone, and encourages good health and prosperity. It is rumored that slipping a piece of Jade under one's pillow can enhance dreams.
- Measures Approx. L 1 1/2" x W 1"
- Highly skilled Traditional Artisan hand carving from China.