Skip to content
Jade God of Longevity Shou Lao
- Fine Jade carved God of Longevity Shou Lao in natural rich sea green tones with a spot of golden yellow.
- The ancient Chinese Taoist God of long life and luck. Shou Lao is the popular name of Shou-xing, the Stellar Deity of Longevity. He is usually portrayed with an enormous head, carrying a long staff and a pumpkin gourd, which contains the water of life. In his other hand he holds the Peach of Immortality.
- Jade has always had a very special significance in Asia, comparable with that of Gold and Diamonds in the West. Today, this gemstone is regarded as a symbol of the good, the beautiful, and the precious. In folklore, Jade embodies the Confucian virtues of wisdom, justice, compassion, modesty and courage, yet it also symbolizes the female-erotic. Jade is also believed to be a lucky stone, and encourages good health and prosperity. It is rumored that slipping a piece of Jade under one's pillow can enhance dreams.
- Measures Approx. L 2" x W 1"
- Highly skilled Traditional Artisan hand carving from China.