Skip to content
Jade Mystical Healing Gourd With Lingzhi , The Sacred Fungus of Immortality XLarge
- Fine Jade Bottle Gourd Pendant representing Protection Against Disease and to Ward off Evil Spirits.
- In traditional Chinese Medicinal Arts, medicines were carried in bottle gourds.
- This beautifully carved Bottle Gourd is also surrounded by Vines of the Lingzhi, the Sacred Fungus of Immortality. This strange plant looks like a tree with a knobby trunk and lobed, flat leaves but is actually a fungus. It is used extensively in Chinese medicine. It was believed that Lingzhi Fungus grew in the abodes of the Immortals. The Three Islands of the Blest, and that whoever ate the sacred fungus attained Immortality.
- This pendant image can be used as a charm to encourage Good Health and a Long Life.
- Fine Jade Large Pendant in brilliant green and deepest forest green tones with areas of soft lavender color.
- Jade has always had a very special significance in Asia, comparable with that of Gold and Diamonds in the West. Today, this gemstone is regarded as a symbol of the good, the beautiful, and the precious. In folklore, Jade embodies the Confucian virtues of wisdom, justice, compassion, modesty and courage, yet it also symbolizes the female-erotic. Jade is also believed to be a lucky stone, and encourages good health and prosperity. It is rumored that slipping a piece of Jade under one's pillow can enhance dreams.
- Measures Approx. L 2 1/2" x W 1 1/2"
- Highly skilled Traditional Artisan hand carving from China.