Garnet Necklace with Gold Plated Toggle Clasp
This product is sold out
- Garnet Chunky Knotted Necklace with Gold Plated Toggle Clasp
- Length : Approx.19.5" Long
- Bead Size Approx. : W12 x L7mm to W20 x L10mm
- Knotted with silk bead cord
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC
- The gemstone Garnet is the official birthstone for January and is also the stone for the Zodiac sign Aquarius. The name Garnet comes from the Latin word "granatus", which means grain, because many garnet deposits are small grains of red crystals in their host rock. Garnet refers to a group of minerals that can appear in any color.
- Some of the main Garnet types are: Rhodolite – purple; Hessonite – brown/orange; Spessartite – red; Mandarine – orange; Demantoid – light green; and Tsavorite – dark green. The highest-quality Garnets are found in Brazil, China, Kenya, Madagascar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and the United States. According to traditional stone lore, red/purple Garnets are associated with love, friendship, and controlling one’s anger; green Garnets with peace and serenity; and orange Garnets with creativity.