Skip to content
Gau Locket Ohm Symbol Large Thin Size # 64
- Gau Locket Ohm Symbol Large Thin Size # 64
- Measures approx.: 1.7"L(including bale) x 1.2"W x 0.2"T
- Tibetans use a wide range of Amulets/ Lockets called Gau. The Gau shape consciously evokes the shape of a single Lotus Petal, which is a Symbol of Purity.
- Traditionally, Tibetans wear a Gau around their neck, and inside this precious locket, Amulets are placed that can help heal or prevent disease and serve as Protection Talisman.
- Amulet Papers or Prayers are usually ‘prescribed’ and made and blessed by a Lama to address specific life issues, such as health, happiness, prosperity, protection and attraction. Besides amulet papers also mantras, pictures, small Buddha statues and Tibetan medicine pills can be put in this special locket.
- Devotees might place an image of His Holiness, The Dalai Lama, inside the Gau.
- Materials: Hand worked Copper Metal with a Thick Gold Plate
- Handcrafted bt Master Silversmiths in Nepal