Skip to content
Clear Sunshine Perfection Yellow Amber Nuggets Strand/Necklace
- Clear Sunshine Perfection Yellow Amber Nuggets. Named such as the perfect color and clarity of this high quality Natural Amber is unsurpassed.
- 100% natural and pure Amber
- Graduated beads - smallest 9mm, largest 26mm
- Approximately 24 1/4" inches long
- Resin screw clasp
- Origin is Poland
- Amber is technically not a gemstone or mineral, but fossilized resin from prehistoric trees that has aged over the course of millions of years. As sticky resin oozed from ancient pine trees, small insects, plant material, feathers and other small objects in the path of the flow became entrapped; over time, these organic pollutants developed the varying colors and opacities in individual beds of Amber. Over centuries, the resin was encased in dirt and debris and through a process of heat and pressure, it fossilized to become Amber. Historically, Amber has been used as an ingredient in perfumes, as a healing agent in folk medicine, and as a highly valued component in jewelry as early as the Neolithic era.
- Amber is found mainly in the Baltic region. There are large reserves of amber on the seabed of the Baltic Sea, and amber often washes ashore after heavy storms. Significant deposits of younger Ambers are found in the Dominican Republic. Deposits are also found in Canada, Mexico and the United States. Early physicians prescribed Amber for headaches and heart problems. In common folklore, it is believed to absorb pain and disease, and dispel negative energy and is thought to improve mood and attract love.