Citrine and Garnet Bracelet with Gold Filled Lobster Claw Clasp
- Faceted Citrine and Facted Garnet Bracelet with Gold Filled Lobster Claw Clasp
- Approx. 7.25" Long
- Bead sizes range from 3mm to 5mm
- Strung using Soft Flex Wire
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC
- The gemstone Citrine is the official birthstone for the month of November. Citrine is a type of quartz that ranges from light yellow to golden-brown. It comes from the Latin word, “citrine,” meaning “yellow.” Most citrine is mined in Brazil. In contemporary stone lore, Citrine is known as the “Success Stone” or the "Merchant's Stone" because it is rumored to bring success, prosperity and abundance. Also citrine is rumored to dispel negative energy.
The gemstone Garnet is the official birthstone for January and is also the stone for the Zodiac sign Aquarius. The name Garnet comes from the Latin word "granatus", which means grain, because many garnet deposits are small grains of red crystals in their host rock. Garnet refers to a group of minerals that can appear in any color.
Some of the main Garnet types are: Rhodolite – purple; Hessonite – brown/orange; Spessartite – red; Mandarine – orange; Demantoid – light green; and Tsavorite – dark green. The highest-quality Garnets are found in Brazil, China, Kenya, Madagascar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and the United States. According to traditional stone lore, red/purple Garnets are associated with love, friendship, and controlling one’s anger; green Garnets with peace and serenity; and orange Garnets with creativity.