Charoite Smooth Rondelles Strand
- Natural Russian Charoite smooth rondelle shapes
- Beads measure 15mm x 12mm
- Total bead strand length is 15.5"
- Discovered in Russia in 1978 in the Murun mountains in Yakutia, Siberia. This the only known location for this rare mineral. The name Charoite is derived from the Charo River which is near where it was found.
- The colors range from bright lavender, violet and lilac to dark purple with swirling patterns of black Augite, transparent crystals of microcline feldspar, and/or orange Tinaksite. Charoite is very unusual looking because of its property of chatoyancy and strange looking spiral strands of fibrous material that often mistake it for a synthetic. Current stone lore and rumor say that charoite is said to enhance self-esteem, creativity, and improve the ability to love. Since this is a recent discovery (1978), there are no known legends surrounding this stone.