Carved Horn Pendant, Ankh
This product is sold out
- The Ankh is an ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic symbol that was most commonly used in writing and in Egyptian art to represent the word for "life" and, by extension, as a symbol of life itself.
- The Ankh has a cross shape but with an oval loop in place of an upper bar.
- In art the symbol often appeared as a physical object representing either life or substances such as air or water that are related to it. It was especially commonly held in the hands of ancient Egyptian deities, or being given by them to the Pharaoh, to represent their power to sustain life and to revive human souls in the afterlife.
- Measure Approx. 2 1/4" x 7/8"
- Highly skilled traditional artisan hand carving from China