Skip to content
Buddha Statue Head-06
- Buddha Head From Nepal Ca.1960-80
- Approx. 21 1/2" tall, head diameter 31"
- Material is wood, with a painted surface that is well worn from cleaning and care.
- This artifact was collected in Nepal 15 years ago
- The Face of the Buddha image is serene with a gaze that is cast downwards and inwards as if in a meditation state. Wearing this type of amulet is a reference to accept the Buddha within each of us. The emphasis in this image is on the eyes; in traditional Buddhist teachings, if we are wise we can see beyond material things. It is believed that people can become distracted and deluded by greed, hatred and ignorance. These desires confuse and then lead us to suffering. People can become distressed, depressed, anxious and suffer. These things can be called the darkness of life. Only the wisdom to see truth within ourselves and outside ourselves will lead the world out of the darkness. This beautiful pendant also depicts the "Third Eye", which is believed to enable perception beyond ordinary sight.