Skip to content
Scarab Hand Carved Cow Bone Bead
- Scarab Hand Carved Cow Bone Bead
- In ancient Egyptian religion, the Sun God Ra is seen to roll across the sky each day, transforming Night into Day; believed to be a representation of the cycle of Creation and Rebirth. Beetles of the Scarabaeidae family (dung beetle) roll dung into a ball as food and as a brood chamber in which to lay eggs that are later transformed into larvae. For these reasons the Scarab was seen as a symbol of this Heavenly Cycle and of the idea of Rebirth and Regeneration. The Egyptian God Khepri, Ra as the Rising Sun, was often depicted as a Scarab beetle or as a Scarab beetle-headed man. The ancient Egyptians believed that Khepri renewed the sun every day before rolling it across the horizon, then carried it through the other world after sunset, only to renew it again, the next day. Creation and Rebirth.
- Available in two sizes listed below.
- Measure Approx:
- Small 1" high x 3/4" wide
- Large 1 1/4" high x 1" wide
- Highly skilled traditional artisan hand carving from China
- Two sizes available. Price is for ONE PIECE ONLY.