Sankofa Hand Carved Cow Bone Pendant
This product is sold out
- Sankofa Hand Carved Cow Bone Pendant
- Sankofa is a word in the Akan Language of Ghana, West Africa, that translates as "Reach Back and Get It"; to Retrieve, to Seek and to Take) and also refers to the Asante Adinkra Symbol represented either by a bird with its head turned backwards taking an egg off its back, or as a stylised heart shape. Sankofa is often associated with the proverb, “Se wo were fi na wosankofa a yenkyi," which translates as: "It is not wrong to go back for that which you have forgotten.
- The Sankofa symbol appears frequently in traditional Akan and Asante art as an important symbol to represent the need to reflect on the past to build a successful future.
- Measure Approx. 1/7/8" high x 1 1/4"wide
- Highly skilled traditional artisan hand carving from China