Skip to content
Lord Ganesha Phra Phi Kanet in Pra Pit Dtah Mudra Amulet
- Lord Ganesha, or Pra Phi Kanet as He is known in Thailand, is an elephant-headed Deity rich with lore and legend. The Remover of Obstacles, He is also considered the Deity of wisdom and intellect, as well as the God of beginnings and new journeys. Ganesha is associated with the root chakra at the base of the spine, from which the spiritual energy Kundalini originates, Ganesha may also be entreated to aid in Removing Obstacles to spiritual enlightenment.
- Measures approx. 1 3/8" x 1" x 3/4"
- The "Closing Eye Buddha" Mudra known as Pra Pit Dtah.
- The Buddha sitting in crossed leg "Lotus" posture with two hands covering both eyes to obscure his sight allowing no evil to enter his vision or thoughts. The Pra Pit Dtah Buddha reminds us that the world of the senses is uncertain and filled with illusion; hence the display of Buddhhist rejection of worldly lies and untruths. Thai people revere this Buddha image as a reminder to be wary of luxury and material goods, sensory pleasure, and not be taken in easily by everything we see.
- Material: hand cast bronze with rich patina of red lacquer and gold leaf
- Approx. 1 5/8" x 1 1/4" x 3/4"
- Origin is Thailand