Skip to content
Venus Rising From The Sea Amulet Miniature Statue
- Venus Rising From The Sea Amulet Miniature Statue
- Measures approx. 2 7/8" x 7/8" x 3/4"
- Material: Precision cast brass
- Although it is a Renaissance Italian image, Venus represents the Glory of Female Beauty, Charm and Fertility.
- Venus Anadyomene (from Greek, "Venus Rising From the Sea") is one of the iconic representations of the goddess Venus (Aphrodite), made famous in a much-admired painting by Apelles. Described in Pliny's Natural History, with the anecdote that the great Apelles employed Campaspe, a mistress of Alexander the Great, for his model. The idea of Aphrodite rising from the sea was inspired by the courtesan Phryne, who, during the time of the festivals of the Eleusinia and Poseidonia, often swam nude in the sea. A scallop shell, often found in Venus Anadyomenes, is a symbol of the female vulva.
- Origin is Thailand