Skip to content
"Bring the Rain" or "Stop Fighting" Buddha" Amulet
- "Repelling The Ocean" / "Preventing the Relatives From Fighting" Buddha
- This statue has two meanings based on two different stories. The first meaning of "Repelling The Ocean" comes from a story when the Buddha visited Bihar state in India. A hermit unleashed a wall of water hoping to cause a flood, but the Buddha used the power generated from meditating to stop the water from flooding the area.
- "Forbidding the Relatives from Fighting" is related to a period in the life of the Buddha where relatives of his father had an argument with relatives of the Buddha's mother over water, as one of the rivers that both sets of relatives normally depended on was starting to run dry. The Buddha raised his right hand to draw attention to their own bickering and asked them what was ore important; water, or their family relations?
- A more basic interpretation that I always loved was the "Bring the Rain" or "Stop Fighting" Buddha".
- Measures approx. 2 1/2" x 5/8" x 3/8"
- Materials: Hand cast Bronze with a hand made brass wire wrap to hang as a protective charm.
- Hand crafted in Thailand