Skip to content
Amethyst Necklace or Bracelet Combo with Sterling Silver Trigger Clasp
- Faceted Amethyst Rondelle Knotted Necklace/Bracelet Combo with Sterling Silver Trigger Clasp
- Approx. 15" Long with Additional 1.75" of Sterling Chain Extender
- Knotted on Silk Bead Cord
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise NYC
- Amethyst is the traditional birthstone for February. Manganese content in clear quartz gives Amethyst its wide range of colors from pink to lavender to intense violet. Historically the Greek word "amethystos" may be translated as "not drunken". a reference to the belief that the stone protected its owner from intoxication: ancient Greeks and Romans wore Amethyst and even made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent drunkenness. Over centuries, amethyst has thus been popularly associated in helping overcome addiction, and improving self-control. Amethyst is also widely thought in stone lore to help overcome grief and loss. Although it is found all over the world, most fine Amethyst is mined in Brazil.