Skip to content
Tiger's Eye Chinese Zodiac Pendant, Tiger
- Tiger's Eye Chinese Zodiac Pendant, Tiger
- Approx. 1 3/8" long x 7/8" wide x 1/4" thick
- Origin is China
- 3rd position in the Chinese Zodiac
- Those born under the Chinese Zodiac of the Tiger are brave, competitive and unpredictable. Tigers love to be challenged and will accept any challenge if it means protecting a loved one or protecting their honor. Tigers are extremely generous. They're very intelligent and they're always on alert.
- The Tiger is a fierce and determined protector. The white tiger is guardian of the West and is an emblem of dignity, ferocity, sternness, courage, and by itself is Yin energy. It is also considered the God of Wealth. Tigers should always be placed low to the ground and in the west side of your home or room so they better can protect you.
Tiger’s Eye is a form of Chalcedony quartz, but is what is a known in mineralogy as a pseudomorph. The term comes from the Greek for "false form." Pseudomorphs form when one mineral replaces another. It began as the fibrous blue mineral called Crocidolite, which is made up of iron and sodium. The Crocidolite was gradually transformed into when quartz becomes embedded between the fibers of Crocidolite. This process can result in two different gemstones: a blue stone called Hawk's Eye or the golden brown stone called Tiger's Eye. Gentle heating can turn Tiger’s Eye a rich red color. In the course of the process, the Crocidolite is completely dissolved. But the quartz takes on the fibrous formations and this creates the parallel lines within the gem which gives it that effect of shifting plays of light; it is one of the "chatoyant" gemstones. Chatoyancy exhibits a changeable silky luster as light is reflected within the thin parallel fibrous bands. Tiger's Eye is mined in South Africa, Australia, the USA, Canada, India, and Namibia Ancient Roman soldiers were said to carry Tiger’s Eye stones for protection in battle. Common folklore rumors Tiger's Eye may increase focus and mental clarity, and is a good stone for business people.