Skip to content
Malachite Congo 4mm Faceted Rounds
- Malachite Congo 4mm Faceted Rounds
- Approx. 15.25" long
Sold by the strand. Price is for ONE STRAND ONLY
- The most beautiful Malachite is found on the edge of the Copper Belt in Africa. This is called the Malachite belt and extends from Katanga Province in Congo all the way to Zambia.
- Malachite is a basic Copper carbonate that is formed from Copper-containing solutions near Copper Ore deposits.
- The name Malachite comes from a Greek word for “mallow-green,” because the distinct color resembles the leaves of the mallow plant. Malachite was used as a mineral pigment in green paints from Antiquity until about 1800. It is mined notably in Russia, Israel, Afghanistan and across Africa. During the Middle Ages, Malachite was worn to protect from Black Magic, and is still thought to ward off evil.
- In contemporary Stone Lore, Malachite is rumored to aid in releasing guilt and lingering effects of negative experiences, and to release negative emotions.