Aquamarine and Peridot Bracelet with Sterling Silver Trigger Clasp
This product is sold out
- Aquamarine and Peridot Bracelet with Sterling Silver Trigger Clasp
- Size Approx. 6 3/4"
- Bead Size Approx. 4mm Faceted Rondelles
- Handcrafted at Beads of Paradise
- Strung on Soft Flex Wire
- Aquamarine is the blue stone in the beryl family and gets its name from Latin words meaning water and sea. While it is found all over the world, the best aquamarines come from Columbia and Brazil. The gemstone Aquamarine is the modern March birthstone. It is also the birth stone for the Zodiac sign of Scorpio. Ancient aquamarine crystals have been found in Egyptian mummy tombs. Aquamarine is commonly associated with water, and folklore tells that sailors would carry it for protection at sea to keep them safe and prevent seasickness. It is also rumored a wonderful meditation stone.
- Peridot is the official birthstone for the month of August and is also the stone for the Zodiac sign of Leo and Virgo. Peridot is a unique stone because it only comes in one color, green, although, the shade and hue vary depending on the iron content. Peridot is also the only gemstone that is sometimes found in meteorites. Historically the volcanic island Zabargad (St. John) in the Red Sea, east of Egypt, was the most important deposit exploited for 3500 years. Today's main deposits of Peridot are in Arizona, China, Vietnam and Pakistan. Folk and stone lore rumor that Peridot may attract love and calm anger, while also soothing nerves and dispelling negative emotions.