Skip to content
Aquamarine & Morganite Earrings With Gold-Filled French Earwires
- Aquamarine & Morganite Earrings With Gold-Filled French Earwires
- Earring Dangles Approx: 1 1/4" from ear
- Bead Sizes: 10mm, 8mm, 7mm
- Aquamarine is the blue stone in the beryl family and gets its name from Latin words meaning water and sea. While it is found all over the world, the best aquamarines come from Columbia and Brazil. The gemstone Aquamarine is the modern March birthstone. It is also the birth stone for the Zodiac sign of Scorpio. Ancient aquamarine crystals have been found in Egyptian mummy tombs. Aquamarine is commonly associated with water, and folklore tells that sailors would carry it for protection at sea to keep them safe and prevent seasickness. It is also rumored a wonderful meditation stone.
- Morganite is a pink/purple stone in the Beryl family. It was first discovered in Madagascar in 1910. In the first decade of the twentieth century, several new gemstone varieties were discovered in Pala, California. They include Kunzite, the pink variety of Spodumene; and Morganite, the pink variety of Beryl. Kunzite is named after the famous American gemologist, George Frederick Kunz, who spent most of his career as the chief gemologist at Tiffany & Co. Morganite was named in honor of the legendary financier and gem collector, J.P. Morgan. In fact it was Kunz who suggested naming the newly discovered Beryl after Morgan, who was Tiffany's largest customer.
- Hand-crafted at Beads of Paradise NYC