Buddha Head Recycled Glass Bead 2
This product is sold out
- Buddha Head Recycled Glass Bead
- Hand wound and inlaid using recycled glass.
- Approx. 1 1/2" x 1 1/8", Bore size approx. 5mm
- Skillfully handcrafted by glass artisans in Java, Indonesia
- The Face of the Buddha image is serene with a gaze that is cast downwards and inwards as if in a meditation state. Wearing this type of amulet is a reference to accept the Buddha within each of us. The emphasis in this image is on the eyes; in traditional Buddhist teachings, if we are wise we can see beyond material things. It is believed that people can become distracted and deluded by greed, hatred and ignorance. These desires confuse and then lead us to suffering. People can become distressed, depressed, anxious and suffer. These things can be called the darkness of life. Only the wisdom to see truth within ourselves and outside ourselves will lead the world out of the darkness. This beautiful pendant also depicts the "Third Eye", which is believed to enable perception beyond ordinary sight.