Skip to content
Multan Enamel Badge Rare Large Size
- Multan Enamel Badge Rare Large Size
- Measure Approx. 1 5/8" x 1 3/4"
- Material: High Quality Silver and intricately worked Enamel designs
- Antique and vintage Tribal Heirlooms were often made of melted colonial high silver content coins and rarely marked or hallmarked.
- Enamel powder could be produced in two ways, either by powdering colored glass, or by mixing colorless glass powder with pigments such as a metallic oxide, powdered Lapis Lazuli and Malachite.
- Designs were either painted freehand or over the top of outline incisions, and the technique probably originated in metalworking. Once painted, enameled items needed to be fired at a temperature high enough to melt the applied powder, but low enough that the item itself was not melted.
- Multan is a city in the Punjab Province of Pakistan. It is located in the southern part of the province, and is steeped in history. Known as the City of Pirs and Shrines, Multan is a prosperous city of bazaars, mosques, shrines and superbly designed tombs. Multan is renowned for its fine handicrafts, especially pottery and exquisite enamel work.
- From Multan, Pakistan