Feet Of Dīpankara Buddha
This product is sold out
- Feet Of Dīpankara Buddha
- Foot Size : Approx. 2 1/2" long x 1 1/8" wide
- Milky Afghan Jade/ Bowenite
- With 23"long cotton cord
- Origin is Afghanistan
- Dīpankara (Sanskrit and Pali language for the "Lamp Bearer") is one of the Buddhas of the Past. He is said to have lived on Earth one hundred thousand years ago.
- One story shown in Buddhist art stupas has Gautama Buddha (also known as Shakyamuni) in a former incarnation known as Sumedha, a rich Brahmin turned hermit kneeling and laying his long black hair on the ground, in an act of piety that the Dīpankara Buddha could cross a puddle of mud without soiling his feet. The Jade Feet here are a representation of the clean and pure Feet of The Dīpankara Buddha.
- The Dīpankara is rarely depicted alone; one of the Buddhas of Bamiyan, destroyed by the Taliban government in Afghanistan in 2001, was said to portray The Dīpankara Buddha.